Facebook Badge

by Tom Walker

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

On My Mind, Open Office, Go Google?

I changed my opening logo, I hope you like it! Is any one reading me? Drop a comment or send some mail!
I have started another blog , a photo newspaper about downtown. It's called The San Diego Gaslamp

I installed Apple's new OS recently, and it seems to have slowed down my mac significantly.
It's OS X.5, nicknamed Leopard.
Certain software programs take forever to open now. I would like to reformat my hard drive and reinstall OS X.4 , But it's to much work. I should have waited, really!

I have been using NeoOffice as my word program and I like it just fine. MS Office for Mac sure is pretty, but I prefer to put my money where my mouth is and go with the open source program.

It's so easy to hate Microsoft, and hard not to like Google. But let's not forget that G is just another big brother in the making! It seems to have tentacles reaching everywhere these days.
Googles answer to MS recently has been to build their app's on the web and give them away. But can any one tell me why I should use a word processor on the net when Open Office is free as well?

No comments:

Memex Man is

My photo
Who for years traveled the country in search of redemption but now resides in Heaven.