Facebook Badge

by Tom Walker

Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm Mad As Hell, But I'm Still Gonna Fake It.

The fever pitch of this campaign is almost alarming. Any day now I’m expecting riots to break out between followers of the two opposing sides. And I’m just talking about MSNBC and Fox. I can’t watch Lou Dobbs anymore, I’m sure he is going to have a stroke live on the air. He has become the Peter Finch character from the movie Network. "Im mad as hell, and I’m not going to take it anymore." He gets so worked up that he constantly interrupts his guests. What has Lou so positively frustrated is he can’t understand why no leader can fix our problems. What Lou doesn’t understand is that our leaders don’t work for us. They work for the people who own this country, the very wealthiest Americans. I’m not talking about every day, garden variety millionaires. I’m talking about families that have inherited and passed on great fortunes for the last one hundred years. “ The super rich, the less than 1 percent of the population who own the lion's share of the nation's wealth, go uncounted in most income distribution reports.” Say’s commondreams.org. For these people the nation is being run perfectly. If Lou could only understand this, he wouldn’t be so perplexed

No comments:

Memex Man is

My photo
Who for years traveled the country in search of redemption but now resides in Heaven.